Pages

Wednesday 9 July 2014

Flourless Chocolate Mini Cakes

Ok, so let's talk about chocolate. My husband says that I am 'addicted' but I prefer to think of it as a neccessity rather than an addiction... Nevertheless, I loooooove chocolate! Can I get an "amen sister" to that?! These yummy little cakes were served at a friends wedding and so I thought I should give them a go! We can all thank Donna Hay for this recipe. Oh Donna Hay, you are getting me so well acquainted with the kitchen! 

You will need:
180g (6 oz) butter, chopped
220g (7 1/2 oz) quality dark cooking chocolate, chopped
1 1/4 cups caster sugar
3/4 cup almond meal
1 cup cocoa powder, sifted
5 eggs
12 cup cake cases approx.

Get cooking:
Have the oven preheated to 140 degrees C (280 degrees F).
Place the butter, chocolate and sugar in a saucepan over low heat and keep stirring until melted and smooth.
Put the almond meal and cocoa in a dry mixing bowl and whisk in the chocolate mixture. Add the eggs gradually one at a time, whisking until well combined.
Evenly spoon in the mixture into the cup cake cases and bake for 30 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.

Donna Hay suggests to serve with thick double cream or chocolate glaze and fresh berries, but i just sprinkled a little salt on top. Salt and chocoalte might sound crazy, but give it a go! Also, I couldn't wait for these babies to cool down before eating one, and I gotta say, they are definitely better when warm! Enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Design by Caked Designs